Thursday, June 21, 2012

Taking a walk through San Miguel seaside Balangiga Samar Phil


Video property of Gloria B. Sommer

During summer vacation in April I visited my mother's home town. My family lives in the commercial center of the town close to its shops, schools ect...
I asked my cousins to take me to the barangay where the fisher-folk live, since I love seafood but had no idea where in this town the same comes from. I was also hoping to get some good shots but eventually I ended up taking videos.
I have family in Europe who have never seen their parent's home town, so I decided to post this on youtube to share with but anyone watching this can see and learn something about a different way of life.

Some might think that this might have been a depressing experience considering the poverty the locals from brgy San Miguel are in but everyone was friendly, courteous and chill. They sell and eat what they catch, plant and grow.

The only thing needed are environmentally (trash disposal) geared seminars not only for the fishers and farmers but the whole freakin country!! Ops :)

for more info about Balangiga go to
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balangiga,_Eastern_Samar

No comments:

Post a Comment